Hosted by American Iron and Steel Institute, Short Span Steel Bridge Alliance, American Galvanizers Association
More than 220,000 bridges in the U.S., representing 36 percent of the national bridge inventory, need major repair work or should be replaced. To responsibly fix our nation’s bridges with sustainable solutions, the future must start today. With new innovative materials, designs and protection systems available now, the American steel industry is well positioned to build bridges that will last well into the next century – and possibly beyond. In this webinar, three experts will present their insights on:
- Current proposed infrastructure plans, with information specifically related to an investment in our nation’s bridges.
- Sustainability of the American steel industry, with ideas on how to create a more sustainable infrastructure with steel bridge solutions.
- Material and coating options to extend the life of a steel bridge 100 years and beyond.
- Brett Smith, Senior Director of Government Relations, American Iron and Steel Institute
- Mark Thimons, Vice President of Sustainability, American Iron and Steel Institute
- John Krzywicki, Marketing Director, American Galvanizers Association