This webinar is the first in a series of four “deep dives” into a new playbook of national infrastructure policy developed by a diverse group of America’s mayors. Each recommendation has been driven by local innovation, with cities serving as testbeds for experimentation and transferable solutions. The first session will focus on funding and financing recommendations. Participants will learn in detail about three key policy plays, including the use of pre-development funds, how the federal government can support local bond issuance, and opportunities to increase direct regional funding. For engineering consultants, this subject matter will help firms provide strategic advice to clients on funding and financing opportunities for local projects.
- Honorable Steve Benjamin, Mayor of Columbia, South Carolina
- Stephanie Wiggins, Chief Executive Officer, Metrolink, Southern California
- DJ Gribbin, Non-Resident Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution Metropolitan Policy Program & Founder, Madrus LLC
- Sylvia Garcia, Principal Consultant for Public Finance Policy, WSP
- Moderator: Greg Cohen, ACEC Research Institute